I wanted to share pieces of my story, a bit of silliness, and my crafting creations. I'll be jumping from past, to present, to future. I hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Plants & Brooklyn in the 80s



I love plants. My tulips & irises are starting to come out. I love growing plants. I like to make teas and grow veggies. I'm like my grandmother that way. We didn't have a close relationship though. She was tough! She lived in East NY , Brooklyn. It's not the Brooklyn you hear about now a days! There were not artsy people or guys that wore pants, so tight you thought they must be Ken dolls! No man! When we visited, my sister and I were told go in the house ASAP. We were both fair skinned and blonde. In her neighborhood there were abandon buildings, shootings on the corners, and foster kids found chopped up in boxes. So you think, what is and old lady doing in a place like that?! Oh no, she was a tough bitch!! For example, she had painted in front of her driveway “No parking, you bastards!” And if you were brave enough to park there, the old lady would come out with a cane. On the end of the cane was a nail. When you weren't looking, she'd pop all your tires. I loved her in my own way and I'm sure she loved me too. She had a big heart. She sure did show it funny though.

No comments:

Post a Comment